WIAW: A Day In The Life

November 11, 2015

Happy WIAW everybody!

I hope your week is off to a great start. I wanted to mix it up this week and present today’s What I Ate Wednesday in a “day in the life” format.

I am documenting my day from this Monday –  a work day when I do my workout in the evening instead of the morning. I’m always fascinated reading these posts from other bloggers, so hopefully you get some enjoyment out of it as well!

6:20 – Alarm goes off…. Hit snooze button.

6:30 – Second alarm goes off. Now it’s time to actually get going. I hop out of bed and turn on the shower.

6:33 – … Realize I’m out of shampoo and swamp beast my way to the linen closet to grab a new bottle.


6:40 – Get out, put on my towel wrap (throwback to freshman year), blow dry my hair 2/3 of the way (I rarely dry it all the way!), and put on mascara and BB cream.

6:53 – Clean my swamp beast water footprints off the floor.

6:55 – Get dressed and make my bed.

7:00 – Brew coffee using my reusable Keurig cup and heat up the breakfast I prepped the night before.


apple cinnamon egg white oats cooked on the stovetop in cashew milk. topped with trader joe’s organic unsalted creamy peanut butter.

7:10 – Eat, check social media, chug my coffee, and respond to Instagram comments.

7:25 – Transfer lunch/snacks from the fridge to my lunchbox, grab my work tote/gym bag, and head to my car.

7:30– Drive to work.

8:00 – Head into the office (hair is dry now, in case you were wondering), put my laptop on the deck, and start checking my work email.

8:20-10:00 – Catch up on some work after the weekend, finish my first Hydroflask of the day, and prepare for some interviews I am doing later this morning!

best water bottle in the land.

best water bottle in the land.

10:00- 11:00 – Interview potential intern candidates. This was my first time interviewing on the other side and I really enjoyed it!

11:15 – Eat a hard boiled egg at my desk and respond to some emails.


11:30 – 12:45 – Lunch and Q&A session with the intern candidates. Lunch was provided by the company (BBQ, mac & cheese, cookies, etc.), but I packed my own!

kale salad with chickpeas, sunflower seeds, golden raisins, and avocado + a kiwi

kale salad with chickpeas, sunflower seeds, golden raisins, and avocado + a kiwi

I owe you guys a recipe for this kale salad – I’ve had it on repeat for the last two weeks and can’t get enough!

12:45 – 3:00 – Work at my desk, eat the last part of my lunch, and attend a meeting.

These vegan chocolate banana muffins from Hummusapien are INSANE. I made them following Alexis’ recipe, minus the espresso powder and they turned out fantastic. Expect to see these popping up a lot more!



3:00 – Break for a Larabar & refill my Hydroflask. I love this new-to-me flavor! You can even see the little carrot pieces.


3:25 – Whip out another snack because my stomach was still growling. I had two thin brown rice cakes with hummus. The veggies just did not make the cut today!


3:30-5:00 – Hop on a phone meeting and trying to tie up some loose ends for the day.

5:00 – Leave work and head to the gym for a run! I was still hungry and getting a headache (I swear I’m a bottomless pit), so I snacked on a mini apple which helped a bit.


5:30 – Get to the gym, fight a Corvette for a parking spot (so crowded), get changed, and creepily linger near the treadmills for one to be open.

I end up tackling 4 miles & stretching. I’m really trying to up my mileage, and have been doing a lot of running on the treadmill lately due to convenience/weather. I’ve been brainstorming a list of treadmill running tips – so stay tuned for a blog post!

6:25 – Leave the gym and head home. Food is on my BRAIN.

6:40 – Get home and beeline for the kitchen, feeling very thankful for the food prep I did yesterday. *insert praise hands emoji here*

6:50 – Time to eat! I paired some prepped muraski sweet potato wedges and broccoli with a Hilary’s Eat Well veggie burger and a dippy egg. Drizzled in tahini and siracha, as always. I ate at the table while catching up on some blogs.


please & thank you

7:10 – Put dishes into dish washer and clean my pan… Then sprint to the shower.

7:20 – Eat another cacao banana muffin with Trader Joe’s raw creamy almond butter & finish blog reading.


7:50 – Peel my booty off the couch to pack my lunch for tomorrow. I also ended up prepping apple cinnamon stovetop oats again for tomorrow’s breakfast. Recipe to come. 🙂

packed & ready

packed & ready

While the oats were cooking, I unloaded my gym bag and picked out my outfits for work and Pure Barre tomorrow. I also have a little spoonful of peanut butter as a nightcap. Multitasking!

8:25 – Head into my room, chug more water (finishing my 3rd Hydroflask of the day – I was so thirsty!), and light a candle. I brush my teeth, take out my contacts, and put some coconut oil on my lips. They’ve been feeling chapped all day and coconut oil is the BEST remedy.


8:35 – Climb into bed, check Snapchat/social media, and read. I’m still loving In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware…. It’s such a page turner! I’m over halfway through.

my happy place.

my happy place.

9:45 – Pry myself away from my book, turn out the lights, and set my alarms for tomorrow! I have a 5:30am Pure Barre class planned for the morning, so I pray I fall asleep quickly.

And that’s a wrap! The wild and crazy life of a 22-year-old. 🙂

If you guys like this kind of post, I might do more to reflect a day I workout in the morning, a weekend, etc… Let me know what you think!

What have you been snacking on lately?

Do you ever have difficulty scoring parking spots and treadmills at the gym?

XO, Bailee

You Might Also Like

No Comments

Leave a Reply

CommentLuv badge