Hey guys. What’s poppin’?
See what I did there?
I have always been a popcorn lover. It’s light, salty, and easy to throw in a bowl for a quick snack. I distinctly remember popping a bag of movie theatre butter popcorn in the microwave when I would have a sleepover with girlfriends or watch a movie with my brother growing up.
While times and my tastebuds have changed (sorry, butter!), I now enjoy air popped popcorn drizzled with ingredients like olive oil and sea salt. Needless to say, I was more than thrilled when Pipsnacks asked me to participate in their “Reci-Pip” campaign.
Pipsnacks is an NYC based snack food company, and the makers behind Pipcorn – a delicious, all natural mini popcorn. It’s vegan, gluten free, non-GMO and high in fiber – so you can feel good about snacking on it.
All of their flavors are popped in small batches and seasoned by hand. These guys were actually on Shark Tank, which I thought was awesome since I love the show.
Pip pip hooray!
With the Super Bowl coming up, I decided to create a healthier take on a classic party recipe – puppy chow! Instead of chex cereal, butter, peanut butter, and powdered sugar, I took a spin on it using some feel-good ingredients:
- Sunflower seed butter
- Maple syrup
- Cocoa powder
- Chia seeds
Are you hungry yet?
This treat is the perfect combination of sweet and salty that you and your guests will love. Feel free to double or triple this recipe to accommodate larger groups.
Popcorn Puppy Chow (Vegan, GF)
- 4 cups Sea Salt flavored Pipcorn (or any sea salt popcorn)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter (or any nut butter)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp hot water
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Put 4 cups of Pipcorn in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Combine sunflower seed butter and maple syrup in a small bowl. Heat in the microwave until melted and stir together. Add in cocoa powder and hot water, stirring until a gooey mixture forms. Stir in chia seeds.
- Pour the sunflower seed butter mixture onto the Pipcorn. Use your hands to distribute the mixture throughout the popcorn, coating it evenly.
- Set in the refrigerator to cool.
XO – Bailee