Hiya friends & happy Sunday!
How are things going? I’ve had a chill weekend and am gearing up for a busy work week. I got my grocery shopping in yesterday, so I’m spending today blogging, cleaning, and hopefully getting in a workout or going on a walk with the pup. I am still a little behind in getting these up (currently on day 21), but I’m checking in to share my eats/thoughts from days 13-16 on Whole 30. I’m over the halfway mark and I can’t believe it! It’s honestly been so much easier than I thought it would be. I had my first Whole 30 blunder during these 4 days, which kinda stunk. I figured it would happen at some point since I’m only human. What can ya do!
I’ve been sharing a lot of Whole 30 content lately because I’ve found it really inspiring to help me get back into blogging. Please comment or message me with any specific questions you have about Whole 30 and I will be happy to address them. 🙂
Breakfast: another “breakfast salad” with kale, white sweet potatoes, mini bell peppers, and onion with two fried eggs and strawberries.
Lunch: my stomach wasn’t feeling too hot this afternoon, so lunch was a random two parter. Part one was an opal apple, cashew butter, and kombucha.
Part two was roasted broccoli and carrots with avocado. Whatever sounds good, right?
Dinner: My stomach still wanted simple for dinner, so I had breakfast. 🙂 two eggs scrambled with frozen spinach and a baked sweet potato with cinnamon and almond butter.
Breakfast: Omeletatta with onion bell pepper, broccoli, and mushrooms with avocado and berries. I love making these!
Lunch: The best salad I’ve had in a long time! Kale massaged with evoo and lemon with salmon, blueberries, and avocado. YUM.
Afternoon snack was a sweet potato with coconut butter and cinnamon. Aka my new obsession.
Dinner: I made a vegetarian version of this spaghetti squash bake by removing the sausage and adding spinach, mushrooms, and nutritional yeast. Served with a fried egg on top and sautéed broccolini on the side.
Breakfast: A slice of veggie frittata I prepped for the week + a sweet potato with coconut butter and cinnamon.
Lunch: leftovers from dinner! Ended up having enough enough to pack this most of the week. I topped it with more nutritional yeast and added a cara cara orange on the side.
Dinner: Recreated my new favorite salad combo + roasted carrots.
Breakfast: I woke up absolutely starving this morning so I made a little bit of everything! Frittata + avocado, sweet potato + coconut butter & cinnamon + strawberries.
Lunch: Another variation of my leftovers.
I must document my afternoon snack because this was my first Whole 30 fail. 🙁 I threw some dried apricots from Trader Joe’s in my lunch box because I had read about them on a few Whole 30 Trader Joes shopping lists and already had them in my pantry. I just assumed these were the ones they were referring to. Well, turns out when I checked the package a few days later they have sulfur dioxide in them which is a no-no on Whole 30. Womp womp. This just goes to show how important it is to read every label!
Whole 30 is very strict on compliance, so my inner perfectionist felt guilty for a day or so after I realized the mistake. I kept reminding myself it was an HONEST mistake, and in the grand scheme of things is trivial. So I’ve let it go and have been extra conscious about my label reading ever since. 🙂
Dinner: I was inspired by my recent meal at True Food Kitchen and decided to recreate something similar at home. Roasted cauliflower, brussels sprouts, and butternut squash with baked cod, all drizzled with tahini.
- My energy feels good – no afternoon crashing but no tiger blood energy either. I would suffer from afternoon snoozy-ness occasionally before Whole 30 but that’s mostly gone away. I think I just overestimated the super human energy I would feel. 🙂
- Skin is still looking awesome! I’ve still been putting on my BB cream for work to look put together but I honestly don’t think I need it. Makeup doesn’t touch my face on the weekend!
- Digestion has still been strange. Every few days I’ll feel bloated and icky. I really have no clue why! Still hoping this goes away.
- I can definitely tell my sugar dragon is being tamed. I appreciate the sweetness of fruit SO much more and don’t get that “gotta have something sweet” feeling after lunch or dinner. I’m loving this the most out of all the Whole 30 side effects.
- Breakfasts have still been my favorite meal. Its been such a blast to experiment and get tons of veggies first thing in the morning!
How are things going for you? Any favorite meals as of late?
XO – Bailee